If you think writing your best piece on a hot topic and submitting it to a website will have the readers thronging your website, you can be in for a big disappointment!
Searches on the net through Google, Yahoo or Bing won’t get the traffic to your article or whatever you are trying to project online, just like that. This is because your submission on the net lacks a vital component, and that is SEO or Search Engine Optimization through http://www.proseo.ie/seo-ireland/.
SEO places you on the top
Search engines are designed to search via algorithms that not only pick up relevant keywords from your article, but also evaluate other vital information such as duration of visit, pages viewed, links – inbound and outbound, bounce rate, etc. This is done by the use of keywords in your article. For example, if I want some information on pet care and your article is on caring for pets, you will need to put the key words ‘pet care’ at a number of places in your article. Better still, putting, ‘best pet care,’ will throw up your website on the search engine in the first page itself, because that is what most people search for.
KEY COMPONENTS TO IMPROVING YOUR WEBSITE’S SEO
Improving net visibility means improving your page ranking to make it show up on the first page of the search engine. There are several easy ways of doing it. Have a look:
● Keywords: One of the most crucial SEO strategies is placing the keywords within your article. Give a serious thought to what are the best and most searched keywords, and use them in your article. Of course, don’t go overboard in using keywords that makes for stupid reading, as it may prove counterproductive.
● Title Tags: These are descriptors that appear at the top of the browser and tell the reader what your page is all about. Be trite, but lucid at the same time, to write the title tags, because a reader has only seconds to spare on what you have to say. Keep the count to 50 to 60 characters.
● Alternative Text Descriptions (ALT) Tags: These are the descriptive words used for your images and videos, which act as keywords in locating your page. Put them there to increase the chances of hits and consequently of better page ranking.
● Content Update: If you keep updating your content regularly, you make your site more relevant. So don’t be found wanting on this important aspect.
● URL Structure: URL is what the search engine targets first and uses it to determine the page rank. Keep the URLs short and relevant.
● Progress Monitoring, a Must: Keep track of your search standings by using page ranking tools like Alexa and Google toolbar. This also points out the way visitors arrive at your site and what search terms they use to get there.
There are plenty of other ways to enhance your visibility and improve website’s SEO, so start with the above and refine them to be at the top of the search engine page.